A new Flight Simulator developer update is out and with it is some new information on a hotfix incoming sometime today which should fix some problems. Also, the team has released a fun list of great places you can go flying if you’re looking for inspiration. So let’s have a look!
Get ready for a hotfix
Update 5 has been one of the biggest and most consequential updates for Microsoft Flight Simulator, however, it has not been without challenges and Asobo has a hotfix already in the can and ready to release.
Our team has been collecting your feedback, first impressions, and more and we would like to share that a hotfix will be live tomorrow, July 30th, at 8 am PT (1500 UTC) to download on both PC and Xbox Series X|S consoles.Asobo dev update
And these are the patch notes as published:
- Fixed various crashes in game and on the world map
- Fixed crashes related to the offline AI traffic
- Fixed minor memory leaks
- The title should no longer freeze for a very long time when connecting / disconnecting peripherals
- Fixed broken flight plan for Garmin devices when adding an enroute waypoint that was inserted as a destination
- Fixed flightplanner not resetting when going from one activity to another
- Fixed flightplan from flight assistant not displaying on certain planes when VFR map is open after the destination is set
- Fixed freezes happening when using the flight assistant when setting a new destination
- VR options should no longer be duplicated in the Option menu
- Marketplace “Get and download” and “Download” buttons will now function as expected on the Content Page
- User unable to interact with UI elements with the in game cursor for free flight in some cases
- Improvements of pitot static system to fix altimeter bugs, improve accuracy and correctly simulate temperature impact
- Fixed AutoBrakes Button Behavior on the Airbus A320Neo
Activity / Gameplay
- The correct runway is now taken into account for the Landing challenge at Nice
- Pilots are now displayed in external view at the Isafjordur Landing challenge
- Title will no longer become unresponsive after using Fuel Supply and using a fuel or payload as a numerical value via ATC Ground Services
- Some achievements will no longer be awarded in error for certain landing scenarios
- Fixed big temperature spikes at high altitudes
- Added new airspace to nearest facility JS API
- Fixed crashes on WASM modules for older CPUs
All of these should help contribute to a smoother experience with Update 5. Meanwhile, many third parties are busy updating their products. A lot of the problems that people are having with Update 5 right now do seem to be connected to issues with third party plugins and content and we’ve seen tremendous response from third parties to upgrade their content.
Looking for great places to fly?
I love finding new places to fly and the whole point of my Flight Journal series is to inspire people to go and fly new aircraft in different sims or visit new locales in sims like Flight Simulator. Asobo and Microsoft had the same idea and have come up with a fun list of 20 locations, inspired by the community, that you should go and check out. These range from the scenic to the challenging and they look like a lot of fun.
Check out ‘New Simmers: 20 Must Fly Locations in the Sim from our Community.’
3 Comments Add yours
Rats. Got the hotfix, and now my driver timeout issue is back. Maybe a coincidence, but… it was working perfectly before, and nothing else has changed. Frustrating.
I run the sim pretty lean in terms of 3rd party stuff (pretty much only commercial addons), and I’ve been avoiding them in anticipation of problems.
So far, solid upgrade to performance that has definitely pushed me from mostly Medium settings to all High-End, even over Manhattan! 🙂
Haven’t had any crashes (fingers crossed), and hopefully the patch helps most folks get past the frustrations.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Indeed it seems that most issues seem to be the results of an overflowing Community folder. A lot of people jump through a lot of reinstall hoops and the like only to find out that it was some mod that they had forgotten about in the folder.
No crashes here yet either although my testing so far has been limited.