Microsoft Flight Sim fans have been waiting for Aerosoft’s DHC-6 Twin Otter for a long time and the wait is nearly over as we have a release date, features and price all ready to go on this aircraft that’s coming to both PC and Xbox.
Release coming up
Aerosoft’s highly anticipated Twin Otter will be releasing on January 19th with a price of €29.95 on the Aerosoft store and what should be a similar price on the MSFS Marketplace. The news of the release comes along with a trailer to highlight aircraft’s features.
The DHC-6 Twin Otter, originally designed and bult by de Havilland Canada is a rugged utility aircraft intended to be operated from a wide variety of airports worldwide. From the Saba Island airport in the Caribbean to Lukla Airport in Nepal, this is an aircraft that is well known for getting people into and out of some challenging airports.
Aerosoft has embraced that by doing several versions of the aircraft including ski, pontoon, and conventional wheeled variants. There are also cargo and passenger variants of the 100 and 300 series included.
Aersoft have released the official features list on their website.
- Full new development using all options of the platform
- Highly optimized modelling, prepared for use on PC and Xbox
- Wwise sound set with close to 300 spatially placed sounds
- Full use of decals to save on texture memory, very light on system resources
- Complex icing modelled on almost all surfaces and functional de-icing systems including electrical de-icing for probes and de-icing boots for leading edge
- Fully featured fuel systems (updated when MSFS adds more features)
- High-definition flight models for each model
- No additional navigation database needed
- MSFS checklists implemented
- Complete avionics stack (all compatible with available tweaks):
- Garmin 530 all-in-one GPS/Nav/Comm solution
- Garmin 430 all-in-one GPS/Nav/Comm solution
- Bendix/King KR-87 ADF Receiver
- Bendix/King KT-76C Transponder
- Bendix/King KAP140 Autopilot
- Intercontinental Altitude Alerter
- Collins 913K Autopilot Controller (used as repeater for the KAP140)
- Bendix/King KMA Audio Selector
- Collins FD-112V Flight Director
- Thirteen models:
- DHC6-100 Floats Passenger (Westcoast Air C-FGQH)
- DHC6-100 Wheels Cargo (Norway Airforce MXJ_67-062)
- DHC6-100_Wheels Passenger (Fuerza Aerea de chile 940)
- DHC6-300 Amphibian Passenger (Viking Air N153QS)
- DHC6-300 Floats Passenger (Trans Maldivian 8Q-TJM)
- DHC6-300 Floats Passenger Short Nose (Trans Maldivian 8Q-MAV)
- DHC6-300 Ski Cargo (British Antarctica Survey VP-FBB)
- DHC6-300 Tundra Wheels Cargo (Air Inuit C-GKCJ)
- DHC6-300 Tundra Wheels Passenger (Norlandair TF-NLC)
- DHC6-300 Wheels Cargo 3 Blade Prop (Aklak Air C-CDHC)
- DHC6-300 Wheels Cargo 4 Blade Prop (Aklak Air C-CDHC)
- DHC6-300 Wheels Skydiver (Perris Valley Skydiving N-708PV)
- DHC6-300 Wheels Passenger (Solomons Airline H4-FNT)
For more information visit the Aerosoft store for details and get ready for this aircraft’s release coming up on Wednesday.