A list of my reviews, thoughts and opinions on full game releases, content releases, and the odd new hardware release.
- IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad review (via Battle-Field UK)
- IL-2: Battle of Moscow review
- IL-2: Battle of Kuban review
- Cold Winter review (IL-2 campaign)
- Ten Days of Autumn review (IL-2 campaign)
- I./JG51 over Velikie Luki review (IL-2 campaign)
- Blazing Steppe review (IL-2 campaign)
- VKB Gladiator review (2016)
- VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle Control System full review (2019)
- VIPRIL WarBRD base and grip review
- DCS: F-14 first impression
- DCS: F/A-18C first impression
- DCS: AV-8B first impression
- DCS: MiG-19 first impression
Community Q&A Interviews
Getting into the PC flight sim arena can be pretty difficult. There are the complexities of flying an aircraft, of navigating the environment, and if its a combat simulator then you need to know how to fly to fight and operate your weapon systems.
There are some pretty big differences between each of the simulators and complexity ranges from World War I and II manually controlled bombsights and reloading machine guns to lead computing gunsights and guided missiles of the more modern era.
This page will be a flight sim tutorial and resource listing linking to external resources that can help you get into the PC flight sim market and flying your plane in no-time.
Flight sim related websites
- Mission4Today – Skins, missions, campaigns and mods for IL-2 and other titles
- New Wing Virtual Flight Training – Tutorials on how to fly in IL-2 and Rise of Flight
IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad series
*Includes Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow, Battle of Kuban and beyond!
- IL-2: Great Battles Series Community Discord
- IL-2 Sturmovik Wiki
- IL-2 User Manual
- Chuck’s Guide to IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad
- Cockpit At-a-Glance Reference cards
- Mudspike’s DCS: F-15C Combat Guide for Beginners
- ‘A Noob Friendly Guide based on taking off and not crashing too much’ by Hawken
- Simple Radio Standalone setup instructions