New year and a new roadmap for the IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles Series as it continues to release new content and expand its horizons. This page will keep track of the latest updates as we learn about them.
This roadmap was last updated on August 30, 2022
On the road ahead
These are the aircraft and content that we are tracking for release in 2022. New information will be periodically added when significant updates have been made available.
Battle of Normandy Content
IL-2 Sturmvik: Battle of Normandy was announced late in 2019 and is on track for a release sometime in 2022. Past comments by the development team suggest that they expect to wrap up major development by the middle part of the year. Ship and vehicle assets are not listed but have also either been delivered or are still coming.
- Ju 88 C-6 – Released March 15, 2022
- B-26 (AI) – Released June 14, 2022
- V-1 and launcher –
Scheduled for Q2 2022
- Ar-234 – Released June 14, 2022
- Mosquito FB Mk.VI – Released May 31, 2022
- Me-410 – Released August 2nd, 2022
- Normandy Map –
Scheduled for Q2 2022
Flying Circus Vol 2 content
Announced on December 15, 2020, Flying Circus Vol 2 has proceeded at a rapid pace this past year. Remaining content includes three aircraft, two maps and the single player Career mode. Assets such as vehicles are slowly being added as well.
- Sopwith Triplane – Released April 19, 2022
- Handley Page 0-400 – Released March 15, 2022
- Gotha G.V – Released March 15, 2022
- Western Front WWI Map – Scheduled for Q1 2022 or might slip to Q2 (Ugra Media)
A career mode is also expected although no roadmap information has been given. It will likely arrive sometime after the map is complete as it will need the map to function.
Collector Planes and Vehicles
Throughout 2021, 1CGS has announced a variety of new content to be developed for the series. The Sopwith Snipe and Siemens-Schuckert D.IV will be added to the roster of Great War aircraft while the C-47A, Li-2, and IAR 80/81 will compliment the World War II aircraft. Meanwhile the announcement of the StuG III Ausf.G and Churchill Mark IV add to the variety of the ground war in Tank Crew.
- Sopwith Snipe – Scheduled for 2022
- Siemens-Schuckert D.IV – Scheduled for 2022
- C-47A – Scheduled for Q2 2022 (Ugra Media)
- IAR 80/81 – Second half of 2022 (Made by Ivan Shirshov)
- Li-2 – Unknown release date, coming sometime after the C-47A (Ugra Media)
- StuG III Ausf.G – Unknown release date
- Churchill Mark IV – Unknown release date
- Spitfire XIV (bubble canopy variant) – Unknown release date