This page tracks the continued development of IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles Series as it releases new content and expand its horizons.
This roadmap was last updated on May 6, 2023.
On the road ahead
Collector Planes and Vehicles
During a live stream in late 2022, the team revealed growth of the studio and the desire to build new technologies. This likely portents a significant engine upgrade and possibly a new product series but none of this is confirmed beyond the growth of the team.
In the meantime, 1CGS have released a schedule of new Collector Plane content as well as Flying Circus Vol 3 aircraft to be released over the rest of 2023 and into 2024.
- Li-2 (Ugra Media) – Expected summer 2023.
- WACO CG-4A – Expected by the middle or end of 2023.
- La-5 Series 38 – Expected by end of 2023.
- IAR 80/81 (Ivan Shirshov) – Expected by end of 2023.
- Spitfire IXc
Flying Circus Vol 3 content
On March 29, 1C Game Studios revealed that additional Flying Circus content is planned in the form of two future releases. The first is expected to release by the end of 2023 while the second part, is expected in 2024.
- German Albatros D.II fighter
- German fighter Halberstadt D.II
- French Nieuport 17.C1 fighter
- French Nieuport 11.C1 fighter
- French fighter Nieuport 17.C1 GBR adapted for British service
- French Hanriot HD.1 fighter
- British two-seat reconnaissance aircraft R.E.8
- British two-seat medium bomber F.E.2b
- Western Front map upgrades
Flying Circus 2024 content
- British Sopwith Pup fighter
- British rear-engine fighter Airco DH.2
- British two-seat reconnaissance Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter
- British two-seat reconnaissance Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter B
- German fighter Albatros D.III
- German Fokker E.III monoplane fighter
- German two-seat reconnaissance Roland C.IIa