Getting into the PC flight sim arena can be pretty difficult. There are the complexities of flying an aircraft, of navigating the environment, and if its a combat simulator then you need to know how to fly to fight and operate your weapon systems.
There are some pretty big differences between each of the simulators and complexity ranges from World War I and II manually controlled bombsights and reloading machine guns to lead computing gunsights and guided missiles of the more modern era.
This page will be a flight sim tutorial and resource listing linking to external resources that can help you get into the PC flight sim market and flying your plane in no-time.
Need some help finding the right flight sim content for you? Check out my buyers guides for different sim titles:
Flight sim related websites
- Mission4Today – Skins, missions, campaigns and mods for IL-2 and other titles
- New Wing Virtual Flight Training – Tutorials on how to fly in IL-2 and Rise of Flight
- Mudspike – Tutorials, news and more about flight sims
- Two More Weeks – News on DCS, IL-2 and more
- Helisimmer.com – Flight sim news catered to helicopter pilots
IL-2: Great Battles series
*Includes Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow, Battle of Kuban and beyond!
- IL-2 Sturmovik Wiki
- IL-2 User Manual
- Chuck’s Guide to IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad
- Cockpit At-a-Glance Reference cards
List of community discord servers:
- IL-2 Great Battles Community Discord: https://discord.gg/cwUmgD
- Wings of Liberty: https://discord.gg/Cn9J7U
- Combat Box: https://discord.gg/cywPHd
- Knights of the Air: https://discord.gg/k75Njj
- Tactical Air War: https://discord.gg/rXbzkZ
- Flying Circus Flugpark: https://discord.gg/ZCQdHb