At Stormbirds.blog, I’m all about different experiences and this is certainly an aircraft that exists as part of a different category from the usual. I’m talking about iniSimulation’s A300 BelugaST (Super Transporter) which is coming to X-Plane 11. Let’s look at the trailer and some of the recently released information.
Expanding the Airbus 300 line
iniSimulation’s is already well known for their excellent GA oriented Scottish Aviation Bulldog and their A300-600R(F). Now they are expanding their flagship A300 line with something unique – the A300 BelugaST. The Beluga is a modified A300-600 that has an extremely large cargo capacity that let’s it carry cargo types not capable of being carried by conventional freight or cargo aircraft. One look at the aircraft’s enlarged fuselage and you can see why it is so capable and get an inkling why it took on the nickname ‘Beluga.’ The Beluga name was later adopted officially.
Here are some key features:
- Overhauled navigation system based on an already highly detailed simulation of the A300-600’s systems
- 4K PBR textures on interior and exterior of the aircraft including multiple liveries
- Modern radio and updated ECAM pages
- Highly detailed interior cargo bay with multiple payloads
- Interactive cargo controls
- Free Hawarden (EGNR) airport scenery commissioned for the project and created by Zero Dollar Payware.
Check out the latest developer diary on the iniSimulation’s forum and watch the trailer below to get a great look at the new A300-600 BelugaST and all of its features.