Have you heard of The Fighter Pilot Podcast? If you haven’t then I highly recommend checking this new YouTube channel out and its main host, Vincent, a former Hornet fighter pilot. For this episode, the hosts interview Eagle Dynamics’ Matt Wagner.
I’ve updated this post a few times with the most recent post coming 2018-10-11 at 11:12 pm
On to the podcast
The podcast is 1 hour and 19 minutes so there’s lots to listen to. There’s some basics of DCS that most of you will be familiar with but some of the background details about Matt Wagner and the other details are also worth listening to. The interview begins at about the 11-minute mark but the intro is also well worth listening to in my opinion so definitely check that out below.
Some interesting notes
There are some interesting notes that come from the podcast that we’ve already known about but that stand out to me:
- The DCS dynamic campaign has been mentioned again as something being worked on
- Matt Wagner has a prototype F/A-18 stick from Thrustmaster that we haven’t heard about for quite a while (hopefully coming soon reports Matt)
- The host found the F/A-18C cockpit to look just like the real thing down to the smudges on the screens
- Matt talked about the fully animated deck crew for future carrier ops
- The host of the podcast is apparently the new LSO voice for future carrier ops
- The host felt like everything was very accurate (99.2% accuracy he said)
- Matt talked about new aircraft coming from Eagle Dynamics: Mi-24P Hind, AH-1F Cobra, P-47D Thunderbolt, and “another surprise we’ll be talking about soon”
- New maps include the Syria map
More about the channel
Also on the channel, the host has done a fantastic video featuring a flight from Naval Air Station Fallon and out over the Sierra Nevada Range. It’s beautifully done and its set to the M83’s “Outro” which is well used in so many videos but it works so beautifully here.