VIRPIL continues to iterate on their now fully featured product line with everything from grips and bases to throttles, extensions, and now some new mounted controls. They are also improving their pre-order experience so that people with credit cards can pre-order without more difficult bank transfers. Let’s check out all of the new things coming soon!
The new VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle
VIRPIL has completely redesigned their T-50 throttle with the new MongoosT-50CM2. The CM2 features a smaller, slimmer base, which now fits the form factor of their upcoming control panels. The button configuration has changed though I can see some similarities with the earlier version (my full review of the original T-50 TCS is right here).
Here are some key features:
- The overall dimensions of the throttle have been reduced and now match the form factor of our upcoming control panels.
- The throttle lever arc angle has been increased by 20 degrees to allow for more physical position precision of the throttle levers.
- The throttle no longer has a base plate, but instead has removable support legs with rubber feet for desktop use.
- The detachable USB and AUX connections from our MongoosT-50CM2 Base Unit have been carried over to the throttle.
- The metal toggle switches have been changed to larger toggle switches to offer a more “realistic” response.
- The RGB backlighting has been removed and we are using new customisable push buttons which feature direct RGB lighting. The buttons feature a removable transparent cap, so you can insert your own inlays.
- The toggle switch on the left side throttle handle has been changed to a large encoder dial.
In all, this looks like a substantial update to their throttle and addresses a variety of issues with earlier versions. It does look like they are maintaining the magnetic locking of the dual throttle rather than the physical system of the original.
There’s also a new Thrustmaster mounting panel which adds mounting points for those using a base that was designed for the Thrustmaster Warthog (which the first generation shares a footprint with). That adapter is available here.
New 200mm extension
In addition to the existing 50mm/75mm/100mm extensions, VIRPIL is now offering a long 200mm curved extension for flight sticks. It features an S-curve design and is designed for center mount setups requiring long travel!
The V.F.X. grip and WarBRD/Ace pedals!
VIRPIL is also hard at work on filling orders for the V.F.X. Grip as well as the WarBRD, Ace-1 and Ace-2 rudder pedals.
These have been known about for some time and are now starting to get ready for shipping to customers.
If you’re interested you can pre-order all of these on the VIRPIL store. That actually takes me to the next VIRPIL story.
Credit cards accepted for pre-orders
VIRPIL’s had some trouble with pre-orders and not being able to accept credit cards. Complex bank transactions and a variety of sometimes difficult circumstances have been needed to get the pre-order transaction done.
With the unveiling of these new items, we’re once again opening the possibility for pre-orders. We had originally started opening infrequent and time pre-order windows based on community demand, but unfortunately due to restrictions with our payment gateways we’ve been forced to use bank transfer payments for these orders.
We’re very happy to announce that we are now able to accept pre-order payments using credit/debit cards directly on our webstore! We hope that this will greatly increase the convenience of the pre-ordering process and allow more people to get the items that they want to complete their VIRPIL setups!
This should make the whole purchase experience easier!
New pre-orders will open on September 27 and be open for two weeks until October 11. Pre-orders will be available on any item in their store as well.