The DCS World Weekend news update is out and while updates were fairly sparse this week, we did learn some important details surrounding the gun dispersion issue that I reported earlier in the week. It has implications for more than just the A-10C. This is what we know!
Corrections, updates, and changes
A post on r/hoggit has lead Eagle Dynamics engineers to re-examine some code and in doing so, found some problems with the way that their guns ultimately disperse bullets. By that I mean the circle that bullets tend to land within after they leave the gun barrel and travel along slightly different paths.
The examination has lead to some notable changes including a drop in dispersion values of 1.5 times.
There are some other notable changes coming as well including:
- A new mix of bullets for the P-51 and P-47 with M8 API and M20 API/T rounds being modeled
- Spitfire will benefit from improved ballistics as well
- The GAU-8 as previously reported will also get a 1.5 times improvement in dispersion
- No problems were found with the M61 Vulcan cannon, however, some aircraft including the F-16 will get improved ballistics from the PGU shells
- F-86 Sabre also under review
F-15 and Su-27 free again this weekend
Eagle Dynamics is having another free weekend for the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker with Eagle Dynamics reporting that they are free starting March 12th, 1030 PST and going to March 16th, 1030 PST.