Eagle Dynamics celebrates the final release of the Fw190A-8 which is now available in the latest DCS World Open Beta patches. All features are now complete! As a bonus, the aircraft is also on sale right now being available for $24.99.
All of the changes to make it final
A DCS World Open Beta patch released today and with it comes a whole list of changes to the Fw190A-8 that make it a final release aircraft. Here they are as listed in the patch notes:
- Major updates for cooling and oil systems
- Start-up procedures and priming were tuned for proper use in different weather conditions
- Fixes for propeller governor
- Engine sounds update
- Destroyed tail no longer has multiple tails
- Training missions update
- Training with bombs is added
- Update for start-up and take-off training
- Added W.Gr.21 rockets and corresponding control panel in the cockpit
- Added all currently existing german bombs to the arsenal
- AB 250 cluster bomb with SD 10A submunition
- AB 250 cluster bomb with SD 2 submunition
- AB 500 cluster bomb with SD 10A submunition
- SC 50
- SC 250 J
- SC 250 L2
- SC 500 J
- SC 500 L2
- SD 250 Stg
- SD 500 A
- Added provision for the fuel tank
- 300 liters fuel tank added
- Windscreen glass color edited
- New skins added to the game
- Manual update with information about bombs and rockets
Definitely some good things added here including the fuel tank and a wide variety of bombs and cluster bombs as well as the W.Gr.21 rockets. Those features added plus some bugs resolved and the Fw190A-8 is pretty much good to go. Here’s what Eagle Dynamics had to say about that:
We are pleased to announce that DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Anton is now out of its Early Access period with all key features completed. The Anton was an iconic aircraft of the Second World War that packed a powerful punch and superior performance for its time. It’s a joy to fly and a wonderful counterpart to the Spitfire Mk IX that it often battled in the skies over Europe.
A great plane for the series to have
The DCS: WWII part of the expansion has been a little problematic in terms of its focused content for quite some time, however, the Fw190A-8 is part of a solid move towards a more cohesive package. An able fighter and ground attacker, the A-8 is a great foil for the Spitfire IX and also fought the likes of the P-51D, P-47, Mosquito and other aircraft available or coming to DCS World.
It’s a far better match than the Bf109K-4 and Fw190D-9 that are currently available on the German side. I can only hope that we’ll see a few more like the A-8 in the coming years.
Enjoy the release trailer and check out the DCS World eShop for the $24.99 deal on the aircraft if you’re interested.