Steam store, VR, helicopters, new video and more Flight Simulator news

The news circuit is running hot today with Microsoft Flight Simulator news coming out from different sources all with notable headlines and details. Here’s a round-up of everything that I’ve learned about in the last few hours along with some helpful links so you can get everything first hand.

Lots of good news!

Reading the news around the flight sim community this morning has been an extremely positive experience with good news all around. Here’s the latest on what’s come up:

Finally, I’ve learned that certain content creators have been given the go ahead to release their own images and content for Flight Simulator with the embargo apparently lifting today. At the moment that doesn’t include Stormbirds.blog but maybe that will change soon – either way you can expect plenty of Flight Simulator content come August 18th!

1. harryvoyager says:

I see VR, and I go Yes!!!

I see Orbx making airports and my bank account goes No!!!

I know how that feels! 😀

Look for my TrueEarth Washington full review coming soon to see how the last Orbx sale went for me.

2. CanadaOne says:

I come here for my flightsim news and you do not disappoint.

Glad FS2020 will be on Steam.

Thank you as always!

3. Gretsch_Man says:

Wow, steam store, VR and helicopters – three good news in just one sentence! Man, I was just about taking a nip on my morning coffee when I opened your blog – and I almost spilled it!

What a great way to start a Friday morning. Thanks for the heads-up.

4. Good resources to read you gave us there, Sham. I was wondering if the reason for helicopters, which usually flies at almost ground level, being release at a later date is because Asobo plans to improve even more ground details. Does it make any sense ? Cheers!

It’s possible. Ground details that we’ve seen are generally impressive although I think Orbx TE products give it a run for its money.

I think it’s probably helicopter flight characteristics which are quite different and then the need for things like helipads, ATC procedures for helicopters, etc.