Today is the day that many have long been waiting for – it’s the release of IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings – Tobruk launches today! Here are all of the details!
Get ready for Desert Wings
The newest sim on the block is out and its Desert Wings – TOBRUK which features a unique theatre and an impressive collection of aircraft from the famous Bf109F and Spitfire V to the Cr.42, Mc.202, P-40 Tomahawk, He111, and the Wellington bomber.
Here’s some of the key features:
- 40 new flyable aircraft types and variants
- 25 new tank, artillery and vehicle types added as well as variants from the Cliffs of Dover series with desert modifications
- 15 new ships including British and Italian types
- 100 players and dozens of AI aircraft online simultaneously
- 24 Quick Missions playable with any aircraft
- 7 long form Campaigns based on historical Squadron experiences
- 14 single missions as well as two co-op missions playable both via multiplayer or single player
And no major release should go without a video. So here’s the official launch video!
IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings – Tobruk is available now on the Steam Store and on the official IL-2 website store. Either way you’ll need a Steam account as the Cliffs of Dover series is built to use the Steam store system and as this is a DLC package for the original IL-2: Cliffs of Dover you’ll also need to own that to play Desert Wings.
Check it out on: