Team Fusion released a small patch last week bringing the latest release in the IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover series up to patch 007. Coming soon is patch 008 and it has some interesting updates planned for the series. Let’s have a look!
Patches 007 and 008
Among the fixes for patch 007 were some changes to the sound system, damage textures for the Spitfire V, and a series of mission scripting changes. Here are some of the highlights:
- Updates FMOD to latest stable release.
- Fixes most occlusion issues.
- Increases volume level of engine damage effects.
- Adjusts DB601 engine load effects.
- General optimizations and bugfixes.
- Spitfire externals: Fixed damage textures.
Now we get into some interesting updates for the sim particularly for the Tobruk map which I thought was a good addition but one that had some weaker terrain elements mixed in with some stronger ones. It looks like Team Fusion is addressing that and improving on the look and feel of the map. We’ll see how these change things up. There are also changes to aircraft and several fixes. Have a look!
- Tobruk Map: Added inner desert salt flat areas.
- Tobruk Map: Added southern desert emergency landing grounds.
- Tobruk Map: Added Speedtree rocks.
- Tomahawk pit: Increased the size of 6DoF box & added gun shake when
- Tomahawk overlay texture update
- Beaufighters: Fixed Open Side Windows Exception
- Ju-88s Twin Gun Turret Fix
- Channel Map: France texture modifications
- Updated aircraft ground impact effects
- Fixed overbright glass reflections inside cockpit