Fans of the T-45C Goshawk, the recently released jet trainer for Microsoft Flight Simulator, should take note and make sure they update their aircraft to version 1.10 of the aircraft as it features some significant updates to the aircraft. Here’s what IndiaFoxTecho has updated and what you may want to pay close attention to.
Some big updates
There’s a lot to take in in version 1.10 for the T-45C for MSFS but some of the highlights are big updates that you should be aware of. First, the team has redone the external engine sounds and replaced the interior sound loop as well. I haven’t heard the new sounds yet but I’m sure it is a better sample that sounds better than the one out right now.
The developers have also included ‘Lite’ version of the aircraft. This version will have a front cockpit only and the 3D model will be 70% of the full version. They mention fewer texture sheets so this likely means slightly less texture detail on the model which frees up some VRAM for you. The HUD colour will also not be selectable and the MFD’s will be simplified with a fixed ADI and right side HSI. These changes apparently reduce the amount of code running by 25% and 27% as well. All good things if you’re having performance issues.
Here are the detailed patch notes as published by IndiaFoxTecho on their Facebook page.
- Redone external engine sounds
- Replaced internal engine sound main loop sample
- Fixed bug preventing setting the CRS on TACAN (Nav2)
- Created “Lite” versions of all aircrafts, with simplified XML code and geometry
- Implemented VR mouse collision model
- Fixed environmental occlusion geometry
- Fixed missing details in rear cockpit harnessing
- Fixed bug causing cockpit sounds from other T-45 to play in multiplayer
- Fixed formation light switch INOP
- Fixed bug causing the HUD throttle indicator not to work
- Fixed external lights not working after Sim Update 3
- Changed animation of retractable footstep so that automatically retracts when the canopy closes
- Changed HUD ILS logic so that ILS steering bar will only show if ILS is selected on the HSI-MFD
- Added TAWS Below Glideslope warning
- Added TAWS Check Gear warning
- Added TAWS Power Power warning