We have some news from Octopus G. We don’t hear from them that often but usually they give us some interesting news and today is very much like that as the developer has outlined their plans to “fly on to release.” Sounds good! Let’s have a look!
Ishak to release
Rata, Ishak, or plainly… I-16. This diminutive fighter is the subject of Octopus G’s first DCS World aircraft module. A bunch of updates are forthcoming and they will help bring the project out from early access to release status.
Here’s the list that was posted to their Facebook page:
- Added EN and RU Flight Manual
- Added Training Missions
- Added a few Single Missions
- Added Throttle Extra Stroke Zone for air throttle direct control
- Fixed Mixture Control: added lever central “Normal” position to automatic control with lock and enrich and lean control and physics
- Added Ground Power Unit for electrical starter that enables by intercom command
- Added Wheel Chocks that enables by intercom command
- Added Failures for:
- boost regulator
- mixture governor
- oxygen governor
- collimator sight
- gear drag tensioner
- Added EN Cockpit
- Controls Indicator improved: added brakes and RPM axis with nominal mark
- Added axis input for WEP, mixture, cowl flaps, oil radiator controls
- Added keys input for separate side doors control
- Fixed Altimeter behavior during zero altitude setting
- Fixed Quickstart Missions: weather in the Ground Attack and day-time in Free Flight
- Added new paint schemes: “Red Five” Aerobatic Team, Silver Demo, Silver-black Demo.
There’s also a comment about the radio system which is not quite where they want it to be as the module releases.
The radio is not finished yet as we are still awaiting technical support from ED. However, it may be said that this temporary drawback is consistent with historical realities, since only a small number of I-16s were supplied with radio stations.Octopus G
The statement goes on to say that support after the full release is still planned. Meanwhile, Octopus G has already teased an La-7 follow-up project although we haven’t seen anything more about that in some time.
5 Comments Add yours
Love this stubby plane. Currently there isn’t much to actually do with it, but it’s a lot of fun to fly and pretty much the hardest plane to fly in DCS. Impressive that it even tops the Mig-21’s difficulty…
LikeLiked by 2 people
Definitely looking to buy this module now but I just snapped my rudder pedals yesterday so flight simming is well and truly on hold until I can get a replacement/repair sorted out 😦
Oh no! Snapped? That sounds really bad.
Do you have a twist stick?
I had probably one of the best online flights ever in this little underrated beauty. Me and two mate’s thoroughly embarrassed some 109 pilots in a PVP server one night. It really can turn on a dime.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Well done! I’ve wondered how this little aircraft might handle DCS WWII … it doesn’t really have its traditional competition. Neat to fly however!
LikeLiked by 1 person