First DCS: P-47 community videos are out!

Eagle Dynamics next DCS World aircraft, the DCS: P-47 is looking like it’s pretty close to release with the first two community videos now out (and surely more on the way). The videos also show off the new DCS: Channel Map that is currently under development. Let’s have a look!

Videos are out to have a look at

The first video we’re looking at is from Growling Sidewinder. His video is a short showcase of the P-47 in action with some good air to ground attacks with both bomb and strafing attacks. The video also shows off the new Channel map which looks overall to be very similar to Normandy – no great shocker given the similar location, but obviously comes with its own details too.

Next up we have Spudknocker and his 47 minute epic overview of both the new channel map but with a lot of special emphasis paid to the P-47. The channel map is also looking spectacular here which is hardly surprising given how good the latest maps have been looking from the Eagle Dynamics map team. Have a look at the video!

More coverage coming up as we head towards release – something I’m now expecting to happen perhaps in weeks!

Update: More videos are out! (May 31st at 11:32 pm)

Several more videos have come out. We have The Grim Reapers first tutorials for the DCS: P-47 on cold start followed by taxiing and taking off.

Then, for the French speaking audience out there (and there are quite a few… bonjour!) we have this great video by Oliver Gaming. A great channel there that is worth checking out! Magnifique!

1. CanadaOne says:

I’m grabbing them both. I’m much more interested in the map, but the plane looks like it’s very well made, and along with the mission editor improvements that come with the map, there could be some quality ground pounding with that thing.

2. Mischiew Rithe says:

What a beast! Perhaps not the most gracious-looking plane, but it must be interesting with all the system management on the P-47. Once again, I’m surprised at the quality of the sounds, which was usually one very difficult element to get right, and so early! The rolling sound adds a lot too.

The best surprise for me was this beautiful Channel map, and in particular, the airfield! Not sure how many of the WWII England airports we’ll get, but this level of detail and polish would more than make up for any omission (I’m thinking Clostermann / Biggin Hill early missions).

3. Eviscerador says:

Being an american fighter it is a no brainer purchase to me. I hope they begin to work on the P38 as well.

The flight model looks nice, the firepower amazing. In fact I was over the fence to buy the Fw190A in the COVID sales but in the end I’ll get the American radial engined fighterbomber.

The Channel map looks gorgeous. I hope they will sell a bundle with both.

A bundle would be awfully enticing!

1. CanadaOne says:

I just stuck a few more bucks in my Steam wallet to make sure I could cover a bundle if there is one. If there isn’t a bundle I’m 100% on the map and 60/40 on the P-47.

Weird that a dozen people are doing reviews and yet not a word about a release date.

I’m expecting this Friday’s news update to include details on both the map and the P-47 and maybe an announcement on the release schedule – they seem to have learned to keep the release date murky until they are on the cusp of releasing it.

4. CanadaOne says:

Why, did something happen at DCS recently concerning a botched release date?

(Evil laugh follows.)

I have no idea what you’re talking about 😉

5. CanadaOne says:

Steam has the P-47 and the Channel map as being available June 3 at noon, but no prices are listed.

6. CanadaOne says:

Hmm, my post disappeared. I thought it went through.

I was saying that Steam has the P47 and Channel map listed as being available June 3 at noon, but no prices are listed.

WordPress comments are weird sometimes! Give them a bit and it will come through.

7. CanadaOne says:

Sorry about that. Too much covfefe and anticipation about that delicious map.