IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover and Desert Wings new lower prices

An announcement on the Steam Store by Team Fusion Simulations has indicated that both IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover BLITZ and IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings – Tobruk are going to have new lower prices starting now on the Steam Store. Let’s check them out!

Lower individual and bundle pricing

If price was a factor for you, new lower prices might bring both Cliffs of Dover Blitz Edition and Desert Wings – Tobruk into range for you as both are getting lower prices.

According to the announcement, Desert Wings – Tobruk will go for $49.99 USD / 41.99 EUR and Cliffs of Dover Blitz Edition for $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR. That makes the initial base game price a very palatable price that clears the way to gaining access to a much upgraded and content rich add-on in the form of Desert Wings.

Read the announcement here.

1. Doctor Drago says:

I had a much longer comment entered in here originally, but then I considered that it’s pretty early and I was probably too grumpy…I am curious to see how this pans out for them, though, doing a deep discount six months after release. It seems like lack of VR support is cited more often than price when people discuss why they didn’t buy in. And as someone who bought in at launch, it doesn’t feel super great seeing the price drop so soon. But, again, Morning. Grumpy? It’s great news if you were waiting, that’s for sure.

I always take the position of if I buy it for launch that I’m paying the full price to get the earliest access. If the price drops by half 6-months later, I look at the 6-months of enjoyment that I’ve already had and move on.

A lower price may get some more interest in the title and especially with the “base game” price being so easy to justify.

VR is definitely something that comes up every time I write about it. When I have news to share on it I will be very happy to!

2. HBB_Hunger says:

Everyone of my coop community says the same 2 things about Tobruk; Graphics look extremely outdated and no VR support. And I think they’re right. I bought Tobruk when it was released, looked at it a couple of times and quickly got back to BoS, FS2020 and DCS.

3. Robert Haynes says:

Lack of VR support is definitely the most critical thing for me.

2. Aaron says:

This would be great news, if somehow I could get cliffs of dover to work on my steam copy.

Too bad, have to pass.

What seems to be the trouble?

3. Novice-Flyer says:

Personally, I feel that people who think this is expensive have never seen the prices of DCS and IL-2 Great Battle; one would have to pay hundreds of dollars in those games to get the same amount of content that’s in DW-T.
    That makes this a good a deal.

4. 1_Robert says:

I buy these products too easily. I’ve purchased aircraft for Xplane and MSFS that I knew I’d only fly once. I bought il2’s Tanks and Flying Circus knowing I’d only try them once or twice.
    And as easily as I purchase these products, I didn’t buy DW for one reason only. No VR. I had a hunch they were shooting themselves in the foot when they chose to omit the implementation. A shame as I’d love to give it a go.

1. Novice-Flyer says:

Actually Robert, I think they would have shot themselves in the upper leg or both legs at best if they delayed the release of DW-T in order for VR to be included.
      You see, back in 2017 (I believe) they did a poll on whether people would want Tobruk to be delayed another 6 months (at least) for VR to be included. Most chose for Tobruk to be released first, then VR after 6 months.

So, if they delayed the release so that the weather engine and VR would be included upon release then we would still be waiting for the release today as the weather engine has been delayed because the people developed it have made changes, forcing TF to start again.
      Though some people would be okay with flying the same ol’ planes over the same ol’ map, many others would get bored of this and would move away from the game.

Novice

5. Brenton Clark says:

For me, VR is all important. I would not have bought MSFS at all if they had not implemented VR, even though by all accounts people talked very highly of it. Luckily I did not have to wait long and bought into it just before Christmas (and am very satisfied). Tobruk is the same. Heavy discount or not, I just am not playing off a flat screen again, in any game.