IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover and Desert Wings fans will want to pay close attention to this new update from Team Fusion Simulations. VR has been talked about as a feature for the sim for a while now and we’re starting to see that come together now with a series of updates starting with this one. Let’s have a look at what’s been shown and talked about!
The update today is not a patch or the actual arrival of VR as a few might have been saying but rather a development update covering some of the new key features for VR in Cliffs of Dover/Desert Wings Tobruk.
Among the key features is the addition of VR rotation amplification which functions a bit more like TrackIR where smaller head movements will translate into a longer movement inside the sim. Apparently this is fully configurable.
Additionally, the video also includes details in the description about some of the key features and their current progress.
- VR is now working in both cockpit and external views.
- Players will have unlimited motion outside of the aircraft, enabling them to complete visual inspections of before take off and after landing. This will be optional.
- Spiral tracers effects are perfect. Smoke from self-destructing shells give a really good 3D perspective when passing through them.
- With VR distance immersion, the Tobruk desert map really get its whole dimension.
- We are halfway through the implementation of mini map, info windows and UI screens in the VR display.
Check out these and other updates in this latest video from Team Fusion.