This past Thursday’s Flight Simulator developer update comes with a reminder that the new Sim Update 6 is on its way and is coming next week. Let’s talk about that and how you can prepare for it. Plus, a Carenado Marketplace sale has been announced as well – the first of its kind in the new Marketplace.
Update 6 on its way
To say that Sim Updates have been a bump process with plenty of turbulence would be an understatement. A lot of people have had issues with the big updates and we’ve got another one on the way so brace yourselves.
Remember to backup and clear your Community folder during the patch process. I also strongly recommend that everyone get the new Xbox App (if you haven’t already done so) and use that to do that initial client patch before starting up the sim and doing the internal patching process.
As challenging as updates have been, a huge list of community fixes are in as well and MSFS have detailed them with links to individual community posts on the forum and word that all of these issues have been fixed.
- Wrong IAS calculation
- Altitude not affected by OAT
- Thrust reverser animation wrong on all aicraft
- Turboprop ITT simulation still way off
- Longitude thrust reverser messages missing
- 930 barber pole still incorrectly shows on standby instrument warning
- Decreased aircraft airspeed in cloud
- VR graphics settings are listed twice
- Menus in VR have excessive Aliasing when compared to previous version
- TCA Quadrant & AddOn problem with SU5
- Airport History not updating on world map
- Duplicate Airports and Waypoints in the Longitude
- Xcub floats unable to steer on the ground
- MSFS START CTD…today
- Cirrus SR22 – Nose-wheel doesn’t move when turning on the ground
- Citation Longitude oscillating after 18.104.22.168 Update
- Toolbar – Handle Bar – Flight Menu (triangle) will not disappear
- Tail number and call sign not registering
- Live/AI Traffic Missing Lights
- Please fix the lights on AI Aircraft
NOTE: The links have now all broken and are broken from the source article. Will update if new information becomes available.
I am for one hoping that some of the CTD issues have been solved as that has seriously curtailed my MSFS flying time since Sim Update 5.
Asobo will be hosting their regular Live Dev Q&A stream on Twitch on October 20th at 1750Z (10:30 am PT).
Carenado Marketplace Sale
Aircraft maker Carenado has released several aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator including the M20R Ovation, PA44 Seminole and WYMF5 which I’ve flown, reviewed and recommended as well as the C170B, CT182T Skylane, PA28R Arrow III and PA34T Seneca V.
Starting on Thursday and going until the 23rd (10 days), these aircraft will be available in the in-game Marketplace for 30% off their regular price.