Eagle Dynamic’s next bundle pack features Hornet, Persian Gulf, Su-33

Eagle Dynamics is bundling together three modules for their next sale with the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, Persian Gulf, and Su-33 Flanker being bundled together with a pretty decent sale price. Eagle Dynamics is also offering up new DCS World objects as well as updates to Persian Gulf around the same time which definitely helps put some emphasis on the module and map pack. Lets get to the details!

Bundle pack

F-18-beachandskyscrapers

The F/A-18C Hornet and the Persian Gulf map go together pretty well but Eagle Dynamics is also throwing in the Su-33 as part of the package. The three modules sold separately are approximately $150.00 on their own but with the forthcoming sale Eagle Dynamics is offering them up for $89.99 USD.

There are also discounts for Hornet module owners on Persian Gulf ($10 discount) and for Persian Gulf owners for the Hornet ($20 discount).

The sale begins October 1st and runs until October 21st so you have some time to save, plan and buy if this bundle is something you might be interested in.

New content coming soon to DCS World

Persian Gulf is getting more airbases, more unique buildings, and a selection of new weapon systems are coming that are especially relevant to scenarios on the Persian Gulf map. Let’s check out the Persian Gulf changes first:

• Aldar Headquarters building
  • Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque
  • New oil platforms
  • New airfields (only Abu Dhabi International Airport is currently listed although they do say airfields plural)
  • Unique buildings for Abu Dhabi including the Abu Dhabi F1 race track

There are also new DCS World objects/weapon systems that will be available to all (regardless of if you have Persian Gulf or not) but are primarily designed for DCS World. These so far include:

• SA-2 SAM system
  • Rapier SAM system
  • HY-2 Silkworm anti-ship cruise missile
  • Scud missile system

As Matt Wagner has pointed out, although Persian Gulf as a map isn’t planned to expand any further in size, it is still being developed in content and these new unique additions to the map as well as new objects for all of DCS World make the whole experience that much richer. Can anyone say Scud hunts in the desert?

Watch the new trailer for the Persian Gulf + F/A-18C + Su-33 bundle pack on Eagle Dynamics Facebook page and visit the DCS e-Shop between October 1st and 21st to take advantage of the sale.

1. Boris_CRO says:

Damn… whole point is i cant put 60 bucks on the table at once. 20 dollars single plane or map would be better.

Definitely an issue if the higher price of the package isn’t within your typical budget envelope. These modules are definitely not cheap although I can understand ED’s pricing when it comes to the detail of modelling that goes into making these things shine.

Hold out for better sales is probably your best bet unfortunately. If an awesome sale comes up, you know me, I will definitely let everyone know about it!

2. TJR says:

Man they are making it hard to not spend my hard earned coin prior to MAC coming out!

I have to say that this is an excellent bundle. The Hornet and Persian Gulf are both my personal favourites. I’ve spent more time in the Hornet now than any other module and I’m really getting a strong sense of how to use it in nearly all aspects.

Persian Gulf is brilliantly done as well. I love flying over it and I’m looking forward to seeing some detailed campaigns featuring both – that’s the only weak part of this sale pack.

3. Francesco Kasta says:

I appreciate the $10 discount on the Persian map for the Hornet owners, although it definitely cannot be called a bargain. I wonder if we can use our bonus dollars on this kind of purchase to increase the discount… I doubt it though.

Probably not. They seem to use the bonus dollars as a kind of “sale price anytime.”

Its not a bargain necessarily but I’m of the mind that you save money wherever you can so… $10 is $10.

I can’t say enough how much I like the efforts put into the Persian Gulf map though. It feels like a step above the new Caucasus map – despite how good that map is in DCS World 2.5.