Eagle Dynamics changes course on new carrier compatibility

Matt Wagner made a post a few days ago saying that the team has listened to the concerns from the community and they will be looking at how they can make their new module level carrier work in a mixed multiplayer environment. Good news!

The statement

Here’s the word from Mr. Wagner:

Hey everyone,

Related to the Hornet:

We have been listening to all the carrier module feedback, and we have decided on a solution that will allow clients that don’t own the carrier module to join servers that include it. I’ll provide more details at the time of the CASE III nighttime recovery video coming later.

Also, as mentioned earlier, those that own the Hornet will get a great discount on the carrier module.

Thanks

Matt Wagner on the DCS World forums

My follow up

I am pleased to see that they are listening and taking this feedback. I do wish that they had anticipated that this would be important and more seriously considered this prior to the uproar that it caused but that’s now water under the bridge.

Nearly any solution would be better than what was proposed so I am hopeful they have come up with something workable that is fair to the people who own it and to the people who don’t and both want to fly together in a multiplayer environment. As much as this is going to be for the people who won’t own this carrier module, it is also for the people who do!

A discount for Hornet owners is of course appreciated too.

When we learn more I will definitely be reporting on the latest.

1. harryvoyager says:

Do we have any information on the pricing and the discount? I think I’m going to get the hornet eventually, and I plan on getting the carrier when it comes out, so curious.

The CV and Syria map are my 2 next buys as I have too many aircraft as it is.

Thanks again to Shamrock for his excellent coverage of this.

Thank you sir!

3. Eviscerador says:

Well those are good news indeed!

I guess they made their numbers and barring the new module from any MP server won’t be good for sales anyway.

I wonder if they will bundle up the CV module with the Hornet or the Cat as well.

4. arkhamuk says:

Great to see they responded quickly to the community. Constructive dialog so both sides can make sure of the health of DCS. As an aside, with the F-18 getting a discount on the module would there be something similar for the F-14? (just out of uninformed curiosity)

Nothing has been mentioned about the F-14 getting a discount.

As a side note, Heatblur is bringing their own carrier to the mix which is included in the F-14 release that will have at least some of the same features.