Miltech-5’s BO-105 project shelved

Helicopter fans have been saddened by the news that Miltech-5 is shelving the BO-105 helicopter project for an indefinite amount of time.

Word from the developer

Mitech-5, largely a one person operation from what I can gather, has been trying to bring the BO-105 helicopter to life for several years now. Although Olli has been working hard to try and make this happen – getting a developer to assist with the project’s programming has proved difficult.

In his own words:

Dear Simmers and Lovers of the BO-105,

As many of you already followed my project since 2012 with a lot of up and downs, I came to the conclution to set the DCS: BO-105 Project on ice to an undefined time.

What is the reason.

Reason is that I have many other projects which I’m working on and I don’t wanna set up my mind on a project which don’t find any interest.

It’s nerve-racking waiting/acting 24 hours a day for a solution. I really want to finish this project with my heart but it’s not easy to find someone to code with that punch of knowledge.

I hoped for a long time, so as you, that this project will see the light one day.

I’ll continue the BO behind closed doors (quality-like)- maybe someone is interessted finishing this Project.

Thanks everyone for following my way, helping and supporting me …

I promise you – if some door opens you’ll get a response.

again, thanks to everyone

Olli aka (The_Fragger)

Although its sad to see the project get shelved, Olli does at least leave a little hope for a future revitalization. I also think its better to do this than to bring a half finished project to market with no real hope of it being finished if the resources and time just aren’t there.

Hopefully Olli’s new projects will pan out and I wish him the best of luck with them!

1. Michael Dwyer says:

That is sad news, I was looking forward to another helicopter in the game. I can’t image what is involved in the coding for a project like this but it must be immense.

Likely a huge amount of effort required to make something like a combat helicopter work. It sounds like the art side of things was going along reasonably well but getting an interested and talented programmer was really a huge challenge.

It’s too bad! Hopefully some more helicopters will come our way from other sources. We know ED is doing the Mi-24 and very likely the AH-1.

2. Francesco Kasta says:

Yeah, that is bad news indeed. Although, as the recent events showed us, I think it is better Not to release anything than to release a module and have it end up like the Hawk because the developer cannot keep up with the updates.

Exactly my thinking as well. The Hawk is illustrative of how things can go wrong.

3. boxcarleader says:

heya sham check your e-mail once in a blue moon would ya

I should do that! Stay tuned! ☺️