Popular and long running DCS World and flight sim oriented site Mudspike hosted an AMA (ask me anything) with Eagle Dynamics’ Matt Wagner. They asked him some fantastic questions and we all learned a lot about what the future holds for DCS!
A very quick summary
Matt Wagner didn’t hold back on most of the questions and helped outline where Eagle Dynamics is going with DCS World as a product. There are some grand plans for the future and this AMA has me more excited than anything to see what comes next.
Here are a few key highlights and takeaways:
- New dynamic campaign expected to come to beta in 2021, will have RTS (real time strategy) elements built in including a revamp of features surrounding how ground units move across terrain, AI, etc.
- New weather and cloud system currently under development that will bring more cloud types and multi-layered cloud structures
- Built in VOIP system will come in three phases with phase three bringing SRS-like functionality (VOIP will control “radio frequencies via the radio in cockpit”)
- Naval expansions after Supercarrier will include the Arleigh Burke-class and the Admiral Kuznetsov
- P-47D likely to come in Q1 2020, other new WWII assets due before end of the year and more WWII content is in the pipeline including the Mosquito (also 2020)
Those are some of the big ones that I pulled out from the list but there is so much more to be said there (more on DCS WWII, Mi-24 Hind, Ka-50, A-10, F-5) and some absolutely fantastic questions were asked. I highly recommend reading every detail over on Mudspike. Check it out!