Taking a break from U.S. states, Orbx’s TrueEarth Balearic Islands has just been announced as the next in the TrueEarth line for X-Plane 11. These popular vacation destinations are getting the full Orbx treatment. Here’s the details.
The break from U.S. states is letting Orbx’s scenery team spread their wings and do something different. A popular tourist destination just off the southern coast of Spain, the Balearic Islands are known as a travel destination for vacationers and is particularly well known for its party scene and electronic music. As far as flying goes, the rocky outcrops and sunny skies are likely to be a draw although there are few airports on these islands that I can see.
Here are some of the features that were mentioned in the Orbx announcement:
- Crisp and highly detailed 60cm/px aerial imagery covering Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza, Formentera and all the smaller surrounding islets
- Hand-edited texturing with colour corrections to blend seamlessly in the simulator
- Over 150 POIs covering major hotels, attractions, historical buildings across all the Islands
- Accurate Spanish themed autogen placed correctly on the aerial imagery at the correct location and height
- Highly detailed mesh created from 5M LiDAR data brings out stunning detail on the coastlines and mountains
- Beautiful accurate vegetation matching colour, type and height
- A fantastic destination for all types of pilots; jet fliers or general aviation fans
The announcement comes with about a dozen screenshots including these.
For more information, visit the Orbx forums for the announcement and stay tuned for information on the launch of this new scenery pack.