Highly anticipated by generation aviation aircraft fans, Just Flight has released their PA-28R Arrow III for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Promising a highly detailed GA aircraft experience, the Just Flight release of this aircraft has been in development for a long time and now it is here. This is what you need to know!
Ready to fly
Just Flight wisely delayed their launch of their PA-28 while they waited for Sim Update 3 to come out. Now with the latest version out and with their aircraft passing final checks, the PA-28R Arrow III is ready for you to buy and download for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The aircraft comes with 11 paint schemes, 4K PBR textures, custom sounds, a highly detailed cockpit, custom coded fuel and electrical systems with working circuit breakers, and a tablet EFB system for managing some details of the aircraft including a persistent aircraft states.
Here are some key items from their feature list:
- Accurately modelled PA-28R-201 Arrow III, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment, with optional ‘clean’ textures for a less worn look
- Aircraft failures (spark plug fouling, vapour lock, oil use and battery failure)
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics fit including:
- KMA 20 audio selector unit
- KX 170B COM 1 / NAV 1 radio
- KX 175B COM 2 / NAV 2 radio
- KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1, NAV 2 or its own inbuilt receiver (NAV 3)
- Piper Autocontrol IIIB autopilot unit with navigation, heading and roll hold (altitude hold clickspot included)
- KT 76A transponder unit
- KR 85 ADF unit with ADF/ANT/BFO modes
- GPS 100, GNS 430 and GNS 530
In short, it’s an impressive and detailed looking aircraft. The full list of features and systems included in the aircraft are available here on the Just Flight website.
Purchase information and future options
The aircraft is now available on the Just Flight store and can be purchased for $44 USD. This is a pricier module for a GA aircraft and comes in higher than most other aircraft available for Flight Simulator. That said, Just Flight has put considerable detail into this aircraft and it may very well be the aircraft to get if you’re looking for a high fidelity or perhaps even study level experience.
Just Flight has also announced that the PA-28R Arrow III purchase can be later combined with the PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV with a significant 66% discount. So, if you’d like to add both to your collection you won’t have to pay for the full price a second time. Nice.
The Turbo Arrow release is expected to come relatively soon and may be available within weeks. Stay tuned for that!
Early impressions already out
Some content creators have already received their PA-28 to test and create content for and here are a few that you may want to have a look at.
I am planning to get the PA-28 soon and do my own review so stay tuned for that too!