New DCS: Mi-24 simplified start video

We must be getting close to release as Eagle Dynamics has released yet another video featuring Matt Wagner taking us through the simplified cold start procedure of the DCS: Mi-24P Hind. Check it out!

This is will get you up and flying

The simplified cold start procedure video covers all of the basics of starting up a combat capable DCS: Mi-24. The video notes right at the start that the start-up will change a bit as the module is completed during the early access period. I would assume that most of the changes would be similar to how the DCS: F/A-18C has changed from the early days to now as more systems come online and need to be started up and configured. The basics I can only imagine will remain in place.

Watch the video to get yourself ready for flying the DCS: Mi-24.

1. Luke says:

Can’t wait to get into the cockpit of the Krokodil!

Why did Russia insist upon painting cockpits in just-the-wrong-shade of blue? It bothers me somewhat, though not as much as their krazy HUD artificial horizon / HUD symbology.

1. Percy Danvers says:

I was wondering about this myself so I looked into it and apparently it’s meant to reduce eye strain. Personally I find it has the opposite effect since, for me, the bright color is always kind of distracting. Maybe it’s different in real life though,

I suspect this is where real world and simulator experience differ as the brightness doesn’t change across a screen in the same way.

According to designers there the reason is to create less contrast in colour and brightness between the sky and the cockpit so that eyes adjust more quickly.

Just a different way of doing things.

Thanks, gents. Personally it’s not my cup of tea (wrong shade, to my eye) but I can see what was intended.

A few years back – based on my DCS experience – I asked an Indian Air Force pilot how he found the Russian vs. Western HUDs and he shrugged and said he just adapted.

I don’t really see them as that different. What tends to throw you off the most?