The AH-64 Apache helicopter gunship is a now legendary aircraft featured in many documentaries, movies, video games, and it has entered into the public consciousness like few other military helicopters except maybe the Russian Mi-24 Hind. Now it’s coming to DCS World as Eagle Dynamics next big feature aircraft. As of today, you can pre-order it!
Released earlier this morning, “THE ULTIMATE WEAPON” trailer released which acts as a pre-order trailer for the soon to be released DCS: AH-64D. With all of the care and attention to detail that you’d expect, the latest trailer features impressive visuals of the helicopter with plenty of shots of it in action engaging various vehicle and infantry targets. The IR display is a prominent feature and likely means that Eagle Dynamics is going to be putting a lot of time and effort to finally improve the visuals of the IR system (something we’ve already seen happening behind the scenes with recent releases).
Check out the trailer here!
Pre-order now, early access coming soon
Eagle Dynamics has just updated their store with a new pre-order for the DCS: AH-64D. This helicopter is carrying a premium price of $79.99 USD similar to other types like the DCS: F-16C and DCS: F/A-18C Hornet. Given the sophistication of its avionics, it’s perhaps not too surprising that this helicopter has reached up to the same level.
Pre-order discount, much like with the Hind, will knock some of that price off putting it at $55.99 USD from now until sometime around the time of early access release.
Speaking of early access, Eagle Dynamics has posted a full list of features they intend to include in the early access initial offering and a second list showcasing what they intend to add between initial release and full and final release. Here is that list:
At Early Access release:
- Professional flight dynamics and engine modelling with high precision characteristics of the real aircraft in all ranges of altitude, temperature and speeds for different weights and flight configurations
- Two 6DOF highly detailed cockpits and external model
- Fully clickable cockpits with mouse interactive control
- Multi-crew. A second crew member can be another player or the “George” AI
- Detailed modeling of the entire electrical, fuel, hydraulic, pneumatic, fire protection, SCAS, hold modes, and radio systems
- Full modeling of armament and weapons systems with ability to use 30mm chain gun, 2.75” rockets, and AGM-114K Hellfire anti tank guided missiles in Direct, Low, and High modes
- External fuel tanks
- IHADSS, MPNVS, and MTADS/TEDAC systems and sensors
- Linear Motion Compensator (LMC)
- Tactical Situation Display (TSD) with moving map
- Defensive systems that include the Common Missile Warning System, chaff and flare dispensers, and radar warning receiver
- U.S. Army and Other Paint Schemes
- Night Vision Goggles
- Search Light
- Early Access Manual
- Training Missions
At final release:
- Fire Control Radar (FCR) and Radio Interferometer (RFI)
- Addition of the AGM-114L Radar-Guided Hellfire
- Data Link System to share and assign targets between flight members
- TADS Multi-Target Tracker (MTT)
- Laser Warning System
- Radar Jammer
- Anti-Ice System
- Advanced Damage Modeling
- Additional liveries and livery template
- Full English (full list of languages is TBD)
- Campaign by Eagle Dynamics
If you’re interested, head over to the DCS World Store here for the pre-order.