Scenery makers Orbx have added a new scenery area for X-Plane 11 pilots and this time its covering a big area in the southern part of Spain. The announcement for the scenery came just days ago and the release is now out and ready to go. Let’s have a look.
Flying in southern Spain!
Orbx have been on a bit of a theme recently for their X-Plane content with the release of the Balearic and Canary island scenery packages. Now, its time for southern Spain which will presumably be followed by a northern Spain package at some point in the future.
Here are the features as listed by Orbx:
- Huge coverage area spanning from Valencia to the Costa Del Sol
- Crisp and detailed 1m/px aerial imagery, hand-edited textures with color corrections (2m/px for SD version)
- Over 200 POIs covering major cities, castles, churches, and key landmarks
- Hand-placed ports/boats and other coastal features
- Accurate Spanish themed autogen grouped and heightened based on detailed LiDAR data
- Highly detailed and optimized 10m mesh to bring out stunning detail in mountains and the coastline
- Accurate vegetation, matching color, type, and height and optimized for performance
The coverage area is now on display in the OrbxDirect software package and seems to closely match the area that I thought we might see. It even extends into a small area in Portugal as well.
HD and SD versions
Orbx is offering TrueEarth Southern Spain in a similar fashion to other big TrueEarth products. There is a HD and SD version of the area with HD owners getting the SD version included as part of the package. The SD version gets a 2 meter per pixel area while HD gets 1 meter per pixel definition area. The SD versions textures are also compressed while the HD version is less compressed or uncompressed (Orbx is a bit unclear here).
If you want just the SD version, it can be purchased for $33.71 AUD (approx US$24.55 | €21.46 | £18.37) while the HD version comes in at $39.99 AUD (approx US$29.12 | €25.46 | £21.80). Sales tax will be calculated at checkout where applicable.