The future of IL-2 including a new theater and other new information will be revealed sometime in August.
That is the latest word from Jason Williams, the Producer for 1CGS’ IL-2: Battle of Moscow and Battle of Stalingrad flight sims.
There are a lot of cool things being discussed internally. New theater and more will be revealed in August. I will be in Moscow week of August 8th working on the future with the team.
Given the timelines (and that August starts next week) I will guess that any reveal will happen closer to the end of the month.
So far we know a few things that are coming our way for IL-2:
- The engine will receive a DirectX 11 update
- A new theater is on its way
- New aircraft such as the Ju52 and Yak-1B are already in production
- VR technology will have increasing support
- Third party map products may give us access to additional map areas such as Odessa and Murmansk
I’m pretty excited to see what comes next!