Check out the DCS: F-16C wing flex video

Development on the DCS: F-16 includes everything from adding systems and features to tidying up the visual effects and textures for the aircraft. Yesterday, Eagle Dynamics released a short video showing off their work with wing flex for their early access DCS: F-16C module. It’s a cool video and I thought it was worth highlighting.

Flexing those wings

It’s kind of a simple feature in a way but wing flex is an interesting feature that gives aircraft a bit of life and when done it can be part of convincing your brain that you’re there having the experience of flying a fighter jet (or any aircraft really) through turbulence or a high-G turn or any other situation where your aircraft’s wing might flex.

Wing flex isn’t yet on the DCS: F-16C but it is coming and this video showcases what that looks like.

Reminds me that I need to get some flying time in on the F-16 sometime soon!

1. Paul says:

That is just incredible.

Out of curiosity, what kind of rig does one have to run to get frames rates like that with that graphical detail level? in VR.

Probably an RTI 2080 for that graphical fidelity in VR. My DCS looks like that without VR with a four year old Core i5, 16GB of RAM and a GTX 1070ti.

1. Paul says:

Hmm, well I’m running a 3800x and a 1080ti. Maybe, just maybe I can pull it off.

This video might just be enough to make me take the plunge and buy a DCS plane. I’ve been all IL2 until now but am jet-curious. The free Frogfoot doesn’t do it for me, my inner 14 year old has had a soft spot for the Falcon ever since Iron Eagle.

2. Stephen says:

If he’s flying NOE and dropping bombs, why does he have his nav lights on?

Likely because the F-16 didn’t launch into early access with nav lights and a few community members made a big deal about that. So, now every new video has nav lights 😎

3. Stephen says:

Maybe the red/green nav lights are Christmas-related?