This week has seen a lot of controversy pointed at DCS World third party developer RAZBAM. Now, a list of features and bug fixes that have been pushed to Eagle Dynamics for inclusion in the next open beta have emerged and it’s a pretty decently long list. Let’s have a look!
Improvements and bug fixes
A list of features coming now or in the next update has been published by RAZBAM on their Facebook page today.
This list feels as if it should have come out early this week and the announcement that the module would be moving from active development/early access to release and sustainment should have come after. Instead it looks like the cart was put before the horse and we’ve had substantial controversy. Was this planned all along or is this a scramble to save some face? It’s hard to say, but this does look like a long list that was in progress for some time.
Ready for release
- TPOD axis dead zone has been reduced.
- BUGFIX: DMT slaved to AIM9 Seeker.
- BUGFIX: Sidewinder being fired when cycling from AG to AA to AG
- BUGFIX: Comm channel selector not sequencing correctly
- BUGFIX: HUD reject logic inverted
- BUGFIX: AGM-122 Sidearn seeker head does not align with RWR source
- BUGFIX: TPOD in powerup mode when starting HOT
- BUGFIX: Altimeter adjustment knob erratic functionality
- BUGFIX: CRS knob erratic functionality
- Damage model logic improved and additional damage parts
- Corrected error in engine efficiency table at high altitudes that was resulting in higher than designed thrust loss at very high altitudes
- Fixed SAAHS paddle disable incorrectly resetting stick trim position and not resetting rudder trim and will now correctly restore rudder trim when released
- Fixed Speedbrake logic based on SME information to extend as long as OUT is pressed and will fully retract when IN is pressed (Allows for partial extension but will always fully retract)
- Corrected Rocker Switch bleeding into MPD bezel
- BUGFIX: Corrected aircraft diverting prior to maneuvering tone envelope
- BUGFIX: Structural load damage no longer instantaneous, now requires sustained over-tolerance for structural failure
- BUGFIX: Corrected where large body angular rates (out of control) was resulting in infinite values
- BUGFIX: HUD Repeater too large.
- IMPROVEMENT: Reduced Font Size for EHSD data
- BUGFIX: Dual rack bombs release order
- IMPROVEMENT: Backup ADI cage/pitch adjust Keybinds
- BUGFIX: Pull up cue not appearing when selected.
- BUGIFX: RWR knob increments
- IMPROVEMENT: RWR Minimum Volume value reduced
- BUGFIX: EHSD auto zoom leads to symbology misplaced.
- BUGFIX: MPCD, brightness control buttons behavior
- BUGFIX: MPCD, Moving Map too bright
- Included GUB32 and GUB54
- BUGIFX: Harrier default rocket ranges inverted
- BUGIFX: EHSD decenter display overlay misplaced
- BUGFIX: Seat Height adjustment non-functional (Partial, requires seat animation)
- BUGFIX: RWR partially functional when ON
- BUGFIX: MPCD ECM page retruns to calling page.
- BUGFIX: SS Left now cycles Map Center, Decenter and EW page
- BUGFIX: Harrier, In cockpit rudder trim switch does not function
- BUGIFX: EHSD, Course over ground incorrect in Mag mode
- AGM-122: Removed HUD limitations
What do you think?
With this either pushed to Eagle Dynamics for inclusion or in queue for release in the next update after (or at least that’s what it sounds like), it seems like we’ll be getting our hands on this update sooner or later.
What do you think. Does this calm the waters after the controversy early in the week and bring in some of the updates that we were looking to see before launch or is it not enough? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.