Although many were saddened that the DCS: OH-58D was not going to come to DCS World in 2020, it is still looking like a very promising module for 2021 and a new podcast episode with CasmoTV on the helicopter has me excited for what they are planning in the future. Let’s have a look!
I encourage everyone to listen in to the 33 minute episode. It’s made all the more real because CasmoTV is also a former pilot of the real world version. It makes for a great conversation! If you’re short on time, here are some highlights:
- Polychop plans to deliver a completed module, not everything will be modeled 100% (for example the maintenance MFD page is somewhat redundant in DCS World)
- The module will go to Bell Helicopter to be evaluated before launch, they do not know how long the process will be when they go there
- They have spent the last several weeks working on the flight modeling in different situations, at different temperatures and specific attitudes of flight
- Subject matter experts (including Casmo) are testing the flight model to ensure that the helicopter not only flies right but feels right
- The biggest key feature will be the Kiowa’s ability to interact with other aircraft via buddy lase
- The future is bright for Polychop as they evaluate other helicopters for future development and have already scouted out with a few companies to see what is possible
For the rest, listen in to the podcast!