Aerges shows off their Mirage F1 in a new video

Late last year we learned that Aerges, a new developer name for AvioDev, were pressing forward with their plans to bring four versions of the Mirage F1 to DCS World. Now a new video and developer update is showing off the latest work on the module and it’s impressive!

F1CE on display

The new developer update gives us a sense of what Aerges has been doing over the last few months and what is still left ahead of them before an early access release.

Aerges now considers the cockpit and exterior model at a level where they are comfortable showing off them in public. Although we’ve seen screenshots of both before, its evident in the video that they have made plenty of progress. The update leaves some room open for further improvements so I fully expect this module to evolve.

The model also has a lot of its programming on display. Systems ranging from autopilot to basic start-up and shut down all are there. They have implemented wing bending under G load as well – not something that every aircraft released into early access even has. The air brakes, flaps and landing gear are all animated and working too. Aerges reports, however, that various avionics are yet to be completed so there’s still work to be done.

Aerges also reports that the systems depth includes a list of more than 80 possible systems failures so this model will have some significantly deep modeling to go along with its visuals. Nice!

The Mirage F1CE is the first of four F1 models that Aerges plans to release. The EE is a multi-role variant with a refueling probe, the BE is a two seater, and the M variant is a modernized version with more modern avionics and precision weapons. Aerges have their work cut out for them but their devotion to the C-101 and now to the F1 is sure to pay off.

Check out the video below to see the rest and then visit Aerges over on their Facebook page for the latest developer updates.

1. Gretsch_Man says:

Pretty impressive indeed! I especially like the look of the cockpit with all those old fashioned gauges. The radar display reminds me of the MIG-19.

It’s good to see more cold war stuff coming to DCS.

We’re definitely getting a boost to the Cold War era of jets. The F-8, A-7, F1, MiG-17, and probably a few more are all in development.

2. LD88 says:

I agree. Fantastic seeing more cold-war era aircraft being developed. Much more interesting to me than “soul-less” FBW and JDAM’s…

2. Warlock says:

Love the cockpit… Pretty modern, but just before MFDs came around. I hope the textures are not final, though, the in-cockpit textures look like they need a bit more polishing.

3. butcher75 says:

They are doing a great job so far. Looking forward to hearing more from them.

4. Urgent Siesta says:

This plane honestly does nothing for me that isn’t ably covered by Viggen or Tomcat.

BUT and HOWEVER, I’ve had such a good time in their excellent and still improving C-101 that I’m sure to get it simply to marvel and further enjoy their work. IMHO, they are now Tier 1 DCS devs, and this aircraft will prove it to a much wider audience than presently.

I’m excited for their moment in the sun. I’ve tried the C-101 and it was very well done but I couldn’t find a use for it. This will be a different story!

1. Urgent Siesta says:

Yep! The 101 has essentially been my Cessna Centurion for DCS: a great steam gauge nav and airmanship trainer. Rudel-Chw made some very good training missions that gave it a good bit of purpose. And you can even add the NS430 GPS unit now, which makes it feel even more like a light GA trainer jet 😉

For me, it was also a substitute T-45C Goshawk, but of course VNAO have given us the real deal now, so I’ll probably be flying that instead due to the instrumentation. We’ll see how well the ’45 stacks up in the fidelity department. I’m going to use it along with the publicly available CNaTra guides to go deeper on Naval Aviation training. 🙂